Home workouts can be a complete and utter pain. One reason why many choose to pay for a gym membership is that they aren’t motivated enough to get exercise when they’re in the house. But what if there was something you could do that is fun and would want to do as often as you can? I have teamed up with Phoenix Fitness to show you that there is! I have given myself a simple 14-day hula hoop challenge to get myself moving without having to leave the house. What’s more, you can do it too!
Why I Chose a 14-Day Hula Hoop Challenge
Phoenix Fitness has recently introduced a home workout range and after speaking with them about what they had to offer, I knew I was going to choose a fun piece of fitness equipment. Don’t get me wrong, fitness if different for everyone, but after looking at their products, I knew I would be choosing whatever stood out the most. The hula hoop caught my eye within seconds of browsing!
New to Hula Hooping?
Don’t worry, I am too! I can’t do any amazing tricks, which is why if you’re looking to try something completely different, then this challenge will be easy to follow. You will feel the burn in multiple parts of your body, but your abs are getting the most work. With a healthy balanced diet, you should lose an inch or two from your waist. If not, don’t worry, you still got active! That’s what we’re really aiming for here. However, if you want to see if it helps you on your weight loss journey, then I would love to hear your thoughts!
The product I received was very easy to assemble. It arrived in a box and came in eight pieces. These pieces simply clicked into place and voila! I will say, I would love it if they come out with a pink hoop, but I am VERY biased (you’ve seen my Instagram.). Still, I can’t hate the orange and grey. It’s so edgy! The best thing about it, however, is the price. Not only are their products going to save you money in the gym, but they are quite affordable for one-off investments. I definitely suggest you check out what else they have to offer.
This is a VERY simple challenge. It will be focused on your abs, but if you fancy switching it up and using your arms then go crazy!
- Day 1 – Short and sweet, hula to your favourite song!
- Day 2 – Keeping it steady, hula to a Disney song!
- Day 3 – Time to double up! Two songs.
- Day 4 – Repeat day 3.
- Day 5 – Distract yourself and watch a 10 minute YouTube video as you hula.
- Day 6 – Have a laugh! 10 minutes of YouTube Comedy (double your ab intensity!)
- Day 7 – Halfway point! Watch half a short show on Netflix and…
- Day 8 – You’re over the hill! Reward yourself with the second half of the show.
- Day 9 – 15-minute music session!
- Day 10 – 15-minute music session, Disney edition!
- Day 11 – Stick to 15, but move to a squat position in the last 5 (if you can!)
- Day 12 – Repeat day 15.
- Day 13 – Almost there! 20 minutes and move to a squat position in the last 7!
- Day 14 – Oh my goodness, you made it! 20 minutes, pump up the music!
In theory, it seems SO simple, but it gets intense quite quickly! The longer you hula, the harder it is to keep the hoop in motion. I mostly added some ways to keep yourself entertained because I tend to want a distraction when I’m working hard. If you want to make this harder on yourself then feel free, but I certainly hope this gets your body moving!
- If you are struggling to stand straight, having one foot forward can help with balance.
- Switch directions every now and then. It helps to switch things up and you won’t get bored.
- Stay hydrated! You should do this with any form of exercise, but it’s important to keep that bottle with you at all times. I was very grateful when I saw Phoenix Fitness had thrown in this cute PINK 1 litre bottle so that I always have water at hand.
Let me know how it goes!