This weekend I have been very busy, but I found a super easy meal prep for my lunches this week. Jambalaya! I’ve never made jambalaya before, let alone a vegan version, but I needed something quick and easy, and I had a recipe card from some supermarket and thought I’d see if I could do it. I haven’t followed the recipe completely, I’ve made a cheeky cheat version with similar ingredients, but it came out so good!
- Golden vegetable rice (basics, smart price, whichever)
- Quorn vegan sausages (sliced)
- 200g passata
- 1 heaped bowl of mixed frozen veg (carrots, peas, sweetcorn variety)
- Cajun mix
- coconut oil
- A good shake of salt and black pepper
- Follow the instructions to the golden rice. Use either a deep pan or wok.
- Add the cajun mix during this process.
- While rice is bubbling away, fry the slices of sausages in a pan with coconut oil, and microwave the frozen veg until defrosted.
- Once the rice is boiled and the sausages look cooked, throw everything else into the pan/wok and mix.
- Cook for a few more minutes so all flavours are combined.
This works really well for a last minute family meal, get together with friends or for meal preps. Enjoy!