Guksu can be made in many different ways, but as I only work with basic ingredients, this is more of an inspiration than a proper guksu recipe. Non the less, it’s a perfect winter warmer and is super easy to make!
- 2 packs vegan noodles
- ½ small bowl mixed frozen veg
- ½ small bowl chopped mushrooms (can buy frozen too)
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 heaped tsp korean seasoning (can buy from Aldi or make own)
- 2 sheets of nori
- sriracha/chilli sauce (optional)
Heat the noodles in a pan with hot water. Whilst doing so, slowly heat a large pan with water and add the Korean seasoning, and the noodle flavour packets. Then add the spring onions, frozen veg and mushrooms. Keep stirring every now and then to allow the flavours to mix.
When the noodles are ready, strain the water and add noodles to broth. For the rest of the nori, crush and serve a spoonful with each portion. Add sriracha/chilli sauce.
Serve and enjoy!